Re: Re: Feedback on Yamaha Tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Maria on June 16, 1999 at 18:29:01:

In Reply to: Re: Feedback on Yamaha Tubas posted by Joe S. on June 15, 1999 at 23:41:52:

>>I believe that these Yama-3/4 size things have funny response (centering) problems too, besides the no-tone thing, and far more intonation problems than one would expect from tubas that tiny. To boot, their pistons almost always have the predictably chronic Yama-sticking problems<<

Well, my horn (which is a 621, heaven forbid!) center's just fine. The only note flat on my horn is the "g" at the top space of the staff, but I can hear it so I push in or lip it up. You cant expect the horn to play magically intune by itself.You must know how to play in tune. I always read these posts about how the horn plays sooo badly outta tune, but I bet half the time it is the person behind the horn. If they would just concentrate on listening instead of how badly it plays outta tune, I bet they would sound at least 100x's better.
Also about the yamaha valves: I have played alot of yamahas that have bad, even terrible, valves, and yes, yamaha could do something about them. My F has the best valves in the world though(thank God!), they're even almost inaudible, but, they were vented and had some other stuff fixed to be that great, but anyway, I have a yamaha that has great valves!!! :)

Maria Wachter

Follow Ups: