Re: Re: Tubas for around $2000?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on June 20, 1999 at 14:22:27:

In Reply to: Re: Tubas for around $2000? posted by Joe S. on June 19, 1999 at 17:02:50:

I don't understand what all the hubbub is about. A new 186-4U BBb runs $4500 in the Brasswind catalog. Add another $300-600 for a case to that price. Why are people calling $2600 robbery? To be honest, I think that is a very fair deal.

Hate to break the news to some people, but when a shop sells you a horn, they pay less for it then they sell it for. I know, I know, this may seem difficult to believe, but it does happen on occasion.

Lets see what can be had in the Spring/Summer 1999 Brasswind catalog, which is good to use as a benchmark for pricing:

Overall, I would vote that $2600 for a used Miraphone 186-4U BBb is a much better deal than any of the possible new alternatives in that price range. If someone here has a lead on such a horn for a cheaper price, which includes a case, and is in reasonable condition, then please post so the person looking for a horn can get an even better deal. It is going to be tough to find something comparable.

sean

Follow Ups: