Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tubas for around $2000?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by holtonyork (a.k.a. Dave) on June 20, 1999 at 21:12:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tubas for around $2000? posted by Joe S. on June 20, 1999 at 14:35:32:

Let me briefly poke my head out of my hole and see if I can post without saying anything trivial or controversial (my a$$ is still sore from the last time I posted!)

No refund needed here. I purchased Joe's 6/4 Holton for $8XXX knowing in advance he paid $175 for it. Does it play like a $175 horn? Hell no. I've played $15k HirsYorkies that didn't have near the sound this horn produces. Am I peeved that Joe turned a $7k+ profit on the horn at my expense? No. Stunned maybe, but not peeved. All queasiness is erased however, when I play the horn. It was a steal at 8k. Joe has brought up on occasion its few high-maintenance notes but I have NEVER played a horn that sounds as big, full, and focused and projects as well as this one. To be honest with ya'll, he was a fool for selling it. :)

Joe is a top-notch repairman and a helluva guy. As soon as I figure out the how-to, I will post a picture so ya'll can see the fruits of his labor. It's a beautiful example of someone who truly cares about horns.

If I wasn't so in love with it, I'm sure I could get at least $10k on a turnaround (just kidding!)

Dave
(...ducking as he runs back in his hole...)

Follow Ups: