Re: Re: Any suggestions ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on June 20, 1999 at 22:35:19:

In Reply to: Re: Any suggestions ? posted by Joe S. on June 20, 1999 at 18:45:17:

Yes, Joe, I've seen the posts farther down the list. Actually, I really appreciate your posts, especially for the insight they offer about repairing and customizing tubas. Frankly, any BBS like this needs somebody with your expertise.

AND, as a person who lives in a city where the only guy who sells horns is a country-guitar player ( I generally drive 6 hours to a city where I can have a conversation about tubas, and they don't really stock any either) I like your posts in response to questions about horn purchases along the lines of "have you thought about ...." or "some of my customers rave about ...., but I don't even deal with .... anymore". I would suggest though (humbly, I hope), that adding the price in your post or a line like "I have one in the shop, and they're hard to find" might be considered - well - leading with your chin. (never swing with your nose - my boxing coach's favorite version). I'm sure if someone is intrigued with your options, they will E-mail you off-line for details.

I also like your suggestions to do with my nephew. (It's not a trumpet, it's a bloody euphonium ! - great line from Brassed Off)

Thanks,
Mike

Follow Ups: