Tuba Opening

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy Rummel on June 02, 2000 at 14:27:16:

Welcome Back TubeNetters!!!

Greetings from sunny Virgina! On behalf of the USAF Heritage of America Band located at Langley AFB, I am pleased to announce that we will be having an audition for Tuba on June 28, 2000. I apologize that this announcement is coming a bit late, but I wanted to make sure that the word had gotten out about the audition.

The Heritage of America Band, located at Langley Air Force Base near Hampton, Virginia, entertains over 500,000 people annually throughout the Mid-Atlantic coastal region of the United States. Every member of the band receives full Air Force benefits, which includes full medical and dental coverage, 30 days’ annual paid vacation and full use of base recreation and shopping facilities.

We do not require audition tapes from our applicants, but you MUST be in touch with our auditions coordinator, SSgt Dave Crites, to receive audition music and to schedule an audition time. He can be reached using the information provided below. In addition to the prepared music that is mailed out, applicants will also need to prepare a solo of their choice, all possible scales and arpeggios, and will be asked to sight read the day of the audition.

If you have any questions about the band or the audition process, please do not hesitate to call/e-mail me or to call SSgt Dave Crites. You can also find a ton of info and sound clips on our website which can be accessed through the URL below.

I hope that many of you will seriously consider auditioning for this great performing organization. I have been a member for about 7 months and am having the time of my life! Plus, our basic training is only 6 weeks long!!! (Sorry Sean!!)

Thanks for the shameless plug, and to echo everyone else, I am sure glad TubeNet is up and running again!!! Thanks, Sean!!

Your Friend,

A1C Andy Rummel
Tuba, Heritage of America Band
(W) (757) 764-2931
(H) (757) 245-5588
andrew.rummel(AT)langley.af.mil

SSgt Dave Crites
Audition Coordinator
(W) (757) 764-2931
david.crites(AT)langley.af.mil

Follow Ups: