Re: Re: Jacobs CD

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on June 14, 2000 at 20:27:32:

In Reply to: Re: Jacobs CD posted by Matt A on June 14, 2000 at 18:36:12:

It was to have been featured as a new release in retail stores by Summit's distributor - Allegro - in August. However, Summit was persuaded to let Brian Frederikisen do a venue roll-out at ITEC, and to let Symphony Store have some to coincide with Gene Pokorny's premiere of the Stevens Concerto. This was all part of an Arnold Jacobs tribute that Gene asked the CSO to do the week of the performances. How many principal players have you known who continually honor their predecessors has Gene has honored Mr. Jacobs?

As a life-long Jacobs pupil and friend, I wasn't not about to NOT HAVE this recording in my store during a 2 month period of venue and internet sales, and fortunately I was able to use my position and connections to "break street date." There has been discussion of advancing the official retail street date, but I don't know, and today was my first day back from Chicago.

As soon as I hear an announced street date, I'll post it. But my first notice was clear enough. If you're just busting a gut to have it, and you SHOULD BE, and you're too far away from me, order it from Brian.

Follow Ups: