Re: What Microphone should I buy?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on June 20, 2000 at 23:45:07:

In Reply to: What Microphone should I buy? posted by Matt on June 20, 2000 at 23:22:32:

Since I am CERTAINLY not an electronic recording wiz, I will just tell you that I purchased [some] microphone[s] that have a "suggested list price" of about $400. I, of course, was able to obtain them for much less.

The general information that I am offering is that in this price range, I found something that pleased me. I have NEVER found anything that pleased me (and I have bought some microphones, in my day) in the $100 "list" price range.

To me, my $400 "list" mics sound about 98% as good as the $1000 "list" mics, and since the mini-disc device is sort of about 98% as good as a very nice D.A.T. machine, some carefully-selected $400 "list" (maybe $250) mic[s] might be a good match. (??)

There are a LOT of mics out there, friend, so I don't think you will find a quorum here regarding a specific brand and model.

(I could tell you what I have, but knowing this industry, mine probably aren't even made anymore.)

Follow Ups: