Re: Any opinions on Laskey Mouthpieces?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on June 02, 2001 at 07:50:25:

In Reply to: Any opinions on Laskey Mouthpieces? posted by Just curious on June 01, 2001 at 23:46:51:

As with any mouthpiece, what matters is how it fits with you and your horn. I have a 30H and it fits me and my Nirschl York perfectly. When I say perfect, I mean that I get exactly the sound I want, the response is excellent in all registers, and the intonation is nearly flawless, better than any other mouthpieces I have tried. But this is just the combination of my horn, the 30H, and me. Your results almost certainly will vary. I found Scott Laskey to be very informative and helpful in providing a mouthpiece for me. If I had any complaint about my experience with him, it would be that he doesn't offer his mouthpieces on trial. That is easily solved by getting a Laskey mouthpiece through Dillon's. Dillon's offers the Laskey line on trial and I bought a second Laskey, a 30F that I use on my Willson Eb, from them without a hitch. Matt Walters at Dillon's is also very good to work with. From a more general standpoint, I would say that Laskey mouthpieces are good quality and workmanship. Mine has held up for the last 1.5 years and no problems. For me, that is the true test of a mouthpiece. I can "like" many mouthpieces at first but the really good ones are the ones I'm still using over a year later.

My advice would be to check one out for yourself and see what you think. How you sound on it will be the most important consideration.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: