Re: Any thoughts on a Laskey 30G Mouthpiece?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on June 07, 2001 at 14:33:39:

In Reply to: Any thoughts on a Laskey 30G Mouthpiece? posted by Harvey on June 07, 2001 at 11:52:03:

First off, scroll a ways down on this BBS and find another thread dealing with the Laskey mouthpiece line. You might also check the archives because this subject has come up before.

I tried out a 30G a few months back and I didn't like it because it was too small for me. Both rim diameter and cup depth were just a bit smaller than I like. I was trying out the 30G because I was looking for some options for my Willson Eb. If you're using a 30G on a CC or BBb tuba, I know I personally would find that 30G a bit small for my tastes. You might try the 30F or 30H which are slightly larger. But if you like the feel of the 30G, that really is all that counts.

As far as prices, the $150.00 you were quoted is the going price. Even Dillon's is selling them at this price. Scott Laskey runs his own shop and my impression is that he doesn't make a ton of mouthpieces. He makes a quality product that is popular enough that he can pretty much charge what he wants. Unless you can find one used from somebody, I don't think you'll find one cheaper than $150.00.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: