Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marzan Slant Rotor Tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on June 08, 2001 at 11:55:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marzan Slant Rotor Tubas posted by Rick Denney on June 08, 2001 at 09:02:48:

1) hey Rick try to remember what the conditions were like in pre/post war germany,
2) things like braces, back caps, ferrule design, and the bore DO help add up to something interesting. Things like styling cues (i.e. engraving) may be just one part of the puzzle, but remember a cue is a small thing that points to something more significant. The significance here with THIS old horn is regional, and certainly NOT
factory-specific. Stuff like this makes old horn history interesting to me ... dunno about "impressive" though. Maybe/probably/possibly just semantics.
3) discussion of things like history, heritage, regional style similarities is one thing we ought to encourage here, even if (at the risk of sounding condescending) it is a lil specialized for the average reader. Give Steve a break; he was thinking and doing it out loud ... something we can all be better off for if we encourage it!

Steve: Rick I think don't mean no harm. It's not the best or easiest medium for us to communicate with here sometimes, heck maybe aol will set up a "chat room" someday and then we can all go there to mis-understand each other ;^}

f.w.i.w. am donning the nomex as soon as I hit the send button

dp

Follow Ups: