I Tip my Hat to You

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tracy H. on June 19, 2001 at 01:30:10:

Well, as I was inspired to "search" the archives, I looked up several things, getting well rounded, multi-sided issues with cheerful attitudes and helpful hands. One particular subject was Majoring in Music that I read with great interest.

After having a 4 hour ride with my parents up and down to get my tuba (hehe), I had plenty of thinking time to decide I was seriously considering majoring in music and having a technical (computerish) job to last me until I can live well on my music alone or to fall back on. Sounded good to me and I had been thinking of it for some time. My dad, however, is not so keen on a proffesional tubist for a daughter and basically spent 2 hours trying to talk me out of it when I had finally gotten the courage to talk to him about it (thank to information provided by ya'll ^_^). After more thinking and researching on here, I have confirmed that I really want to do music for career and my dad's just gonna have to get used to the idea.

I don't mean to sound over,hmmm, over dramatic to get applaus and I know it sounds corny, but I don't know how else to put it and I just want to say thank you for letting me realise that I love music and can continue too and therefore love my job. That's it. I always have loved music, but had no idea why or what to do with that love of music. So, thanks again ^_^ This is truly a very nice site ^_^

Follow Ups: