Re: Did you attend Curtis?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim C on June 25, 2001 at 14:44:58:

In Reply to: Did you attend Curtis? posted by Jason June on June 22, 2001 at 20:18:56:

Hey there,
I studied with Sumner Erickson (Principle Tuba of Pittsburgh Symphony) for 2 years and
he's a great player. PSO did Pictures the first week I arrived Pittsburgh !!! then Berlioz sometime after that.... I was so inspired and look forward to studying with him
before I actually started with him.Although Sumner only spent 1 semester or 1 year at Curtis, he said it's an amazing school. Sumner won his job at age 18 by the way. No doubt about his talent but Mr.K was the one who worked with him through the orchestral literature.

I also had a chance to take a lesson from Mr.K back home in Taiwan when Phiadelphia Orchestra was on tour. My impression about his teaching was that he's a very bright person and knows clearly about what he is doing , he was right on the problem and taught very efficiently, and had me do some amazing stuff . He teaches tuba at a very high level.
Curtis is one of the most amazing place you can study Music,good luck on your audition ,

Tim

Follow Ups: