Re: Re: FS: Getzen G50 CC tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh on June 25, 2001 at 22:13:02:

In Reply to: Re: FS: Getzen G50 CC tuba posted by Good Horn on June 25, 2001 at 21:19:57:

Thanks, Chris. He's right! It it a great all-around 4/4 CC tuba that would work VERY well for an advanced high school/college player. Lots of pro's use this horn in quintet's and even symphony orchestras. Lot's of amatuer's too!

I got this horn less than a year ago and have really liked it. It plays VERY well in tune for a CC....has good D's and G's. There really isn't a bad note on it. The horn is 3 years old and is in like-new condition. There is 1 thumbprint-sized dent on the back and 3-4 little dings (and I mean little) on the outer branch. Other than that, the horn looks brand new. Plays as well or better than any other Getzen that I've played....and I've sampled several since they came out 8-9 years ago.

I've used this horn mostly for professional quintet playing, but also in a large brass ensemble. It fit in very well with my quintet, but now that I'm playing my YFB-822 most of the time, I don't really need this horn for that purpose. I'm actually trying to purchase a larger used Hirsbrunner and trying to sell this horn ASAP.

The Getzen's take a lot of flack from lots of people out there, but the ones who play them really love them. I really dig the sound of this horn and have thought long and hard about actually parting with this one, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Please e-mail me off-list if you are SERIOUSLY interested. The horn will include a barely-used hard case (w/wheels and locking latches) that has been flown before with no problems and a Dolly bag.

I have pics of the horn......installing a new scanner and it flipped out my laptop, sp hopefully later tonight I'll have them ready to send out to those who are SERIOUSLY interested.

BTW, I live in VA and I can't ship the horn for trial. I am willing to meet this weekend if needbe....DC/Baltimore/Charlotte/Charleston,WV/Richmond

Oh, and thanks to Chris...whoever you are....for the kind words!

Josh

Follow Ups: