Re: time off school (transferring)?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tony on June 26, 2001 at 07:51:38:

In Reply to: time off school (transferring)? posted by Elizabeth K. on June 24, 2001 at 15:37:27:

Try to work your way into the local scene where you live. Hook up with some middle school band directors with good programs and get them to pump some students your way. If you can build up a studio of 15 or so, you wont need to work a day job too much. Its also very helpful to your own playing when you have to wxplain how to do something to a little one that knows nothing. Also, look to see if you can get into a British Stly Brass Band near you. It can be some challenging playing,and maybe build up some connections. Maybe try to get a tuba quartet or brass quintet together and market them for some gigs. Keep playing in something, though. As for the school, I guess look for something prominent, but not to big. If you e-mail me, I migt be able to come up with some places to go, or not to go. Remember, most schools have an application deadline for August 1st, so you might still be able to get into a program this year. Tony

Follow Ups: