Re: funniest mistake/act of disobedience

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Murphy on June 29, 2001 at 22:29:18:

In Reply to: funniest mistake/act of disobedience posted by James McNeil on June 29, 2001 at 13:29:56:

Why do everyone's stories revolve around high school marching band, it seems??? Anyway, over the past four years (seeing as how I just finished high school), I had this little habit of playing Hail to the Chief every time our principal walked by. I don't think he ever noticed (at least he never showed he did), but my band director sure did...he got a big kick out of it every time.

The only other really mean (and hilariously funny) thing I ever did to my director happened while building platforms for our schools modeling show. While our band director (who was also the Stage Crew moderator), was out of the room, we had a friend of ours hide behind the black curtain at the back of the stage. We told him to stay until he heard us say the codewords "David Hasselhoff". I'm not quite sure how I did it, but when our band director came back, I managed to work "David Hasselhoff" into the conversation. The kid we had hiding came bursting through the curtain, screaming and flailing his arms wildy. It scared the living crap outta our director, but it was still hilariously funny. (Fortunately, our band director has a great sense of humor, and actually appreciated it for what it was...wasn't angry in the slightest.

Follow Ups: