Re: funniest mistake/act of disobedience

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A Bad Kid on July 01, 2001 at 10:58:46:

In Reply to: funniest mistake/act of disobedience posted by James McNeil on June 29, 2001 at 13:29:56:

I hesitate to tell this story and do so only because of the terror Anthony tells below. I am trying to balance the Karma.

I have always been a very good shooter, regardless of form or firearm and it carries forward from a family tradition. When I went to college , I took with me an over/under .22/.410 for rabbit hunting invitations I had, as soon as a I got to school, from beagle owners my dad had befriended over the years. Although on full scholarship, I absolutle hated the school and loked for some way to display my hostility that made the school look, for lack of a better word, stupid. What I did after I discovered I had a good view of the campus bell tower from my room, was to build a silencer baffle from books, in front of the window and every Monday at Noon, I fired a timed shot at the bell so that it struck 13. I did this over a period of weeks, but only on Monday.

The school newspaper reported the strange flaw in the Noon chimes and later reported the school having spent a great deal of money having the mechanism rebuilt and rebuilt again. Apparently no one noticed the lead smears on the bell or didn't think to look for them. I think only one or two people knew I was doing this and they didn't rat me out. I am not certain that I am happy with myself for doing this but, having read Anthony's story and heard others like it, I feel better all the time. The school is a prominent American University know for scientific accomplishments and a liberal arts cirriculum. They are not known for their sense of humor.

Follow Ups: