Re: Re: Now I know why Klaus worships his 40K...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Schultz on July 01, 2002 at 15:44:09:

In Reply to: Re: Now I know why Klaus worships his 40K... posted by Sorry to spoil...... on July 01, 2002 at 01:02:27:

You are probably correct on the Eb Sousa idea. However, the other horn is really a mystery. It's clearly a rotary valved horn. Take a good look at the guys hand positions. As far as the possiblity of it being a front-valve horn... the lead pipe is on the wrong side to match up with a King as I earlier thought. Hmmmmm.... a rotary valved Conn or King Recording Bell Tuba????? I saw a rotary valved recording tuba (it was either a Conn or King... don't remember which) in one of the upstairs rooms at The Chicago Store in Tucson last fall. Wish I woulda had my digital camera with me. On a side note; if you are near Tucson or are going to be there, check out The Chicago Store right smack downtown. Try for an invitation to rummage through the upstairs rooms. They've got loads of tubas and low brass stuff. It's mostly school stuff but some of the stuff is very old. Lots of parts, old cases, and 'half' horns. Take along a flashlight.

Follow Ups: