Re: CSO Trombones & Tuba CD

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on June 02, 2002 at 19:48:44:

In Reply to: CSO Trombones & Tuba CD posted by Richard on June 01, 2002 at 09:27:39:

Just got back from ITEC. Have no idea what happened there as I was in an exhibit room all week.

I would like to clarify a few things about the CSO Trombone and Tuba CD. Seems there are a number of people who are under the impression that I produced this. I did not, that honor belongs to Verne Kagarice at the University of North Texas. He worked with Jay Friedman and they finally got it out. I had been nagging them for years and offered to buy 1000 copies to help spread the risk as Jay lost money the first time it came out.
While most of us are interested in this CD, the target audience is quite small. The same is true about the Jacobs book but, after six years and over 5000 copies, I have a customer base that would want the CSO Bone CD and plan on doing a mailing. I felt that this is a major factor in the project.

Before ITEC, I sent some out to some dealers I have worked with. Richard at Tower - New York, Bob Tucci and Michael Lind. Dave Fedderly got screwed at ITEC as he was going to take the remainder of the 150 I brought there - I sold them all so I will send some there tomorrow. The CD was pressed 10 days ago and released at ITA and ITEC so it will take a little time to get it out. I really doubt if you will ever find it at Amazon. Right now the only ones that have it is Verne Kagarice (http://www.kagarice.com/) and myself www.windsongpress.com . There is a mojor problem with Verne's website as there is nothing on it!

Lately I have been dealing with a number of micropublishers of tuba music. At ITEC I represented about a dozen companies! One thing I always do is let them retain their own identity and set their prices. I have agreements with Jay Friedman and Verne Kagarice and will honor them.

As far as where to buy it? Does it matter? Richard has it at a listening station at Tower in NY, if you are there, stop in. He's in a single retail store but Tower does not carry it outside NY. Tucci has a box, and so does Mike Lind. Not worth travelling to Germany or Sweden but if you are there, stop in. You can email Verne off his site. Now that I am home, I'll be getting them out! I had a lot of people comment at ITEC that they had the record but it was so beat up by playing it to much that they welcomed the CD version. This was the standard of low brass ensemble playing for a generation of players, it doesn't matter where you get it, just get yourself a copy!

Follow Ups: