Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cerveny C Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by well on June 09, 2002 at 00:47:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cerveny C Tuba posted by Umm, on June 09, 2002 at 00:30:48:

I keep hoping for some people to talk more about PLAYING instead of PRICING and JOB GOSSIP.

I know the "BBb vs CC", the "lacquer vs. silver", and the "piston vs. rotary" will never disappear (Obviously, the technology to block posts with these titles exists, and Sean generously allows them to continue for the benefit of newcomers.) but I get really tired of "Why are you selling it?" (Hell, isn't the obvious answer: "I don't want it anymore!") particularly when some nice, polite, semi-timid guy asks for any interested people to email him privately...and in this particular case (as in all others like this one) what are the real chances of Dr. North Texas buying the thing, anyway?

Again, it sure would be fun to read talk about PLAYING the tuba, and less about the tuba fleamarket, its tire-kickers, and "tuba intrigue". (Typing those last two words in juxtaposition just made me laugh out loud.)

Joe "yeah, I made a rough joke recently about someone's buying habits...and if they weren't such a 'public figure'/turd-brother I might have been able to control my coarse sense of humor just a bit better" S.

Follow Ups: