Re: Re: Flying again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Cary on June 11, 2002 at 08:23:45:

In Reply to: Re: Flying again posted by Aubrey Foard on June 10, 2002 at 22:46:03:

I have a Unitec case for my horn which has been used on two trips to Europe and has held up quite well with no damage to the horn. The downside is that the Unitec cases weigh about 75 pounds empty, and are huge (thus making case storage an issue). The advantage of the large and heavy Unitec case is that it strikes fear in most baggage handlers, so two of them move it rather than one gorilla tossing it around (as I saw happen with one of our band's euphoniums on the 2001 trip). Because our trip was group travel, I had no problem with baggage restrictions. However, getting from my home airport to O'Hare was a challenge, as the small "regional jets" don't have baggage compartment doors to handle a large horn. The Unitec case isn't form fitting to the horn, but the advantage is it will give you room for some of your clothes and maybe some goodies you pick up on your trip. A small box of Cuban cigars wrapped in a sweater fit nicely on the way home from Brussels...

Follow Ups: