Re: Re: Conn v TU-29 v Schilke

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug on June 11, 2002 at 21:42:31:

In Reply to: Re: Conn v TU-29 v Schilke posted by curious on June 11, 2002 at 01:31:00:

Hey,

I'm currently slated to begin at Georgia Tech in the fall. The marching band is certain, and Im going to audition for the symphonic band--I hear Mr. Strauss is an awesome director. I'm mature enough to recognize that while I can play my tuba, and am told I have great sound, I know that a pro music career is not for me. I plan to cotinue playing, I just want a career in science or business. That's one of the reasons I'm so glad we ahve the Northwinds down here--It'll give me a place to play later on after college. I've spoken with Zerkel a few times--he apparently thought i was kinda good (put me in the honor band at JanFest) and I really respect him as a person and as a musician. Sadly, my summer schedule makes it impossible for me to hook up with him, but I might even betray my future alma mater and try to meet with him some during college. Also, being in atlanta, ill be at tubachristmas and I'll try to contact mike moore.

Well, that was probably more than you wanted to know ;-)

And to eveyone else who posted as well--Thanks for all the help, I'll definitely contact Doug Elliot soon. Anyone got a phone number?

Thanks

Doug "aspiring amateur" G

Follow Ups: