Re: Re: Re: Re: DAT recorder for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daryl on June 12, 2002 at 11:32:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: DAT recorder for sale posted by David on June 11, 2002 at 15:27:25:

Regarding recording studios -

A lot of people balk at the prices charged by recording studios, but if your intent is to produce a recording for commercial sale think about what you're really getting out of the deal.

A) Experience - a professional that has experience recording and can get the best sound easily and with a minimum of fuss. Often, you have to search a little for someone with experience recording something other than rock bands, but with some leg work you can do it.

B) Gear - $50 bucks an hour might sound expensive - but consider that for the money you're getting recorded by several thousand dollars worth of microphones (I have a TEENY studio and I have about $2000 invested in mics alone), great preamps (also probably costing thousands), and a great sounding board (costing anywhere from $7-500K - yes, *K*). All of which will only enhance your sound in the hands of a competant professional.

I'm really gearing this towards those thinking about "Doing it themselves" for a commercial release - DON'T DO IT. Spend the bucks. In a environment where more CD's are released weekly than could be used for beer coasters in 6 MONTHS worth of ITEC's you can't afford to have anything less than the BEST. Just my .02.

Daryl Bean
Howell, MI

Follow Ups: