Re: Re: Glut of Navel Gazing (long post)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on June 13, 2002 at 13:03:26:

In Reply to: Re: Glut of Navel Gazing (long post) posted by Question on June 13, 2002 at 12:05:00:

I can say a few words about mine Barry,

I just sold my pt4 and now all I play is Eb tuba. I love my Willson Eb because it is so versatile. I am an amatuer but I am getting close to some free lance work and I know that I can do everything on this one horn. I am not going to knock an F tuba because I have never played one and I know they are more popular but I don't think there is a tuba out there that has the low register the Willson Eb has. That being said there are some limitaions because there is not a tuba out there that will do everything the best but I think this one does everything really well.

I do know that if I ever do but another CC it will be at least a 5/4 size because the WIllson Eb is every bit as big as a 4/4 CC. I think there are some that will say it plays like a CC or a BBb. I really disagree with those statements. I think it can be made to sound like a CC or a BBb but having played a CC for a long time and also some time on a BBb I can say that the Willson Eb stills plays like an Eb but with a really great low register.

There is not much more to say about them except they are built like a tank and heavy but also very comfortable to hold and play. I think they weigh around 21 pounds or so.

I hope this helps,

Jim

Follow Ups: