Re: types of teachers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Herrick on June 18, 2002 at 19:05:39:

In Reply to: types of teachers posted by Mary Ann on June 18, 2002 at 10:09:56:

Both have their time and place for being the right choice.Some teachers can only teach one or the other way, some can do both. I was fortunate in getting bnoth from Jake and Harvey. As others have said, the one teacher might be either or both to any given student at different times, for example Jake at a couple lessons said:

"Roger Bobo came to me and there was really nothing I could teach him, he already had the lot so we just had a good time making music together."

At one of my lessons I was preceded by one of the all time great and famous french horn players/teachers. " He had analysed himself into trouble so I had to analyse how he got there and take him back a couple steps." Early in the lesson a particular horn solo from the orchestra rep sounded very, very good but by the end of the lesson it was certainly principal in the orchestra in heaven material.

Possibly you haven't really got a problem needing correction, merely needing continued practice to develop what you have started. It won't happen overnight, but I think that in your case it will happen.

Follow Ups: