Re: Re: Tuba Steals at Brooks Mays

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark F. on June 20, 2002 at 18:30:06:

In Reply to: Re: Tuba Steals at Brooks Mays posted by dp on June 20, 2002 at 17:55:40:

Dale, You are right, the prices are not that special. I know what cost factor on these horns are, and they could even go lower on most of them. The culbertsons are very low, and that's about as good as it gets. As far as the BBb or CC link, I think that copy was pulled from an old VMI page that tried to imply that with the 5th valve down, it lowers the horn to BBb. Yah, right.

During my time with BM, I never encouraged anybody to try elsewere and buy from me. I know tubas are too different from horn to horn to try that. As far as low balling other sellers, On a few tubas, the cost factor I could deal with was ABOVE what other merchats were selling them for. Nothing I could do about that.
If you wan't to find out more about things I learned about the world of retail tubas during my time at BM, please E-mail me. Tecnically, I still do some consulting work for them, but my name is no loinger on the website because I was not willing to dedicate myself to be in the store for regular hours. I didn't want to take away family time, and I put my foot (size 18) down.

Follow Ups: