Re: Re: minnesota bass trombone???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott Moore on June 01, 2003 at 18:49:09:

In Reply to: Re: minnesota bass trombone??? posted by Morris Kainuma on June 01, 2003 at 02:40:06:

Jeff Oien sent me a note regarding this thread so I could lay out the truth, although I won't get into the details of what has been a rather interesting season. Mind that I do not subscribe to this board so I will not any additional comments, but you are welcome to contact me directly if need be.

Dave is due to return this summer while I take a little vacation myself!

Dave Herring took the year off to rescue a struggling software business (he is a brilliant software engineer) and, most importantly, to become a new dad. After 20 years of employment with the orchestra he felt due for an extended leave. While I do not know how his business fared, I know that he and Patti adopted a beautiful little girl last fall.

As for me, the year was a lot of fun, it being the orchestra's 100th season and all. While it was a challenge to keep things moving along at Gustavus (www.gac.edu) while playing with Ross, Doug and Kari, I would not have traded it for the world. Watch out for this orchestra; Osmo Vänskä is able to do amazing things with this group!

While I will miss the playing, save for the occasional stuff I usually do with them, I will throughly enjoy hearing them perform next season.

Regards,

Scott Moore
http://www.gustavus.edu/~smoore

Follow Ups: