Re: Re: Re: mouthpiece choice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on June 04, 2003 at 14:06:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: mouthpiece choice posted by Curious on June 04, 2003 at 12:20:39:

Not compared to a T cup 6 backbore Doug Elliott. The cup of the PT-48 is shallower, and the throat is observably smaller. The PT cup is also not quite as funnel-shaped, and it seems a bit shallower than the Helleberg. It's still a funnel concept, but with a little Bach 18 mixed in, it seems to me.

I use the 2n132 rim on my DE's, which is nearly the same as the PT-48. My face doesn't fit small rim diameters well.

I use an R4 DE on the Miraphone, which is a smaller cup similar to a Conn Helleberg, and a backbore also similar to the Conn.

Incidentally, the PT-48 was Mike Sanders's mouthpiece on his Yorkbrunner when he won the St. Louis audition--in fact the one I'm using is the same one. That gives you another data point, though a bit dated. He has moved on to bigger mouthpieces, but he admits that they are not forgiving of even a few days off the horn.

Rick "who wants to be completely secure on the PT before trying a Laskey or a Finn" Denney

Follow Ups: