Re: Which BBb......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie Krause on June 14, 2003 at 00:18:35:

In Reply to: Which BBb...... posted by Matt G on June 13, 2003 at 09:20:05:

I play the majority in Wind Ensembles, Symphonic Bands, church orchestra's and quintets. I sold my CC 186 that I bought in 1972 in 1997 and switched back to BBb and got a 3302. I now own the first 1915VGB Miraphone built and still play it. The church orchestra and choir are playing at the Southern Baptist convention and there are 2 1915VGB's in our orchestra and we will both be there backing a 360 piece choir and 45 piece orchestra this coming Tues and Wed in Phoenix. If any of you are going to be there, stop in and say hello. Staying at the Pointe Hilton.

1915VGB Miraphone- I own a 5 valve gold brass with heavy back rotor caps. I absolutely love this tuba and the sound it projects. I have been playing it for almost 5 years.

New 1295 Miraphone- If I were to own a Piston BBb withprojection and presence. I would own this as my piston. Great tuba.

2341 King- I like the way the tuba plays, it just does not project like the 191 rotor or 1295 piston. Plays great and love the intonation. To me it is not built with the same quality as the Miraphones

3301 or 3302 VMI or F Schmidt- in Silver- Love both of these and they play well. Projection and intonation are great. Both well made.

Willson 3100 is a great tuba, just too damn heavy for me for all around playing and too big for hauling.

Fafner- Great tuba. Sound, intonation, everything. I have really gotten used to the bell close to my head and prefer it. For me that is the only thing I did not like.

Alex BBb 163. All the ones I have played I loved. I have not played on any of the new ones out now.

Follow Ups: