Re: Re: Re: Repertoire lists for NY and National

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on June 21, 2003 at 16:24:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Repertoire lists for NY and National posted by Chuck Jackson on June 20, 2003 at 12:47:33:

I must agree that that list will help to determine a well rounded tuba player/musician.

Webern! Quintet Stuff!

The only thing that is a little goofy is a Horn transcription, I think they could have found a "tuba tune" that showed off the same stuuf, but that's just my opinion.

NO RIDE OF THE VALKYRIES!!!

Finally, an audition without the Ride! I would think that Fountains would be enough to show off low register dexterity. Plus everyone one the committee would need prozac to hear the Ride, I'm sure. It comes up on every low brass audition, enough so that most every trombone or tuba player can work through it pretty respectably. The Fointains is just a bit (ha, ha) tougher.

This sounds like an audition process that would be much more enjoyable on the listeners. It will also give some people a reason to want to play some good quintet stuff again, and by guessing, the guys in the finals may have to play with the NYPO quintet, what a treat! I applaud the committee for the quality of this list.

Good Luck to all who are going!

Matt G

Follow Ups: