Re: Re: Re: Miraphone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by well... on June 27, 2003 at 13:44:58:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Miraphone posted by Intonation... on June 27, 2003 at 10:40:34:

The first vlave slide was widened in cosntruction to help raise the flat 5th partial (g below middle c) The new ones have this modification. Alan Baer is the one responsible for helping this to happen I believe. When I bought mine, there was a subtle difference between the Lacquer and the Gold Brass only from the players immediate vicinity, I think Roger might agree with me on this. When someone would get more than ten feet away they couldnt tell a difference between the two, so I couldnt justify the extra $600 for the Gold Brass. Just my opinion though, try it for yourself. Hope this helps. By the way, these horns kicked the crap out of all the perantucci I tried, some were friends horns, and others were ones at Custom Music, and the price is a big selling point. I walked away with mine for $4750 with a gig bag. Talk to Roger Lewis about what he has available at BW. He has been very reasonable with me in my dealings with him.

Chris

Follow Ups: