Re: Tips for 30 year comeback

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lonny on June 28, 2003 at 07:49:17:

In Reply to: Tips for 30 year comeback posted by Jonathan Schwartz on June 27, 2003 at 21:16:18:

I "came back" about 4 years ago by buying my own horn. I saw an ad post on this BBS and followed up with the guy and made the arrangements and voila! I had been using school horns for a couple of years and while that worked, you get the horn that's so bad that even a 6th grader doesn't want to play it. Be careful going the auction route; most of the sellers don't know what they're talking about and if there is a genuine quality horn (as opposed to some Korean knock-off) the bidding gets out of control pretty quickly.

Borrow some horns while you salt away some cash. Look around and figure out what you want. Don't let the search for the "perfect" dissuade you from finding the "good" so you can get back in the swing of things.

I'm having a ball playing in a couple of community bands, at various and sundry churches in the area, and a local community orchestra. The more I play the more fun I have and, surprise!, the better I can play.

Dive in and have fun!

Follow Ups: