Re: Re: Re: Re: Article on new tubist in Vienna

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Billy M. on June 29, 2003 at 02:16:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Article on new tubist in Vienna posted by Barry Guerrero on June 27, 2003 at 21:47:04:

"We, as consumers of music, have to make our own judgements as to whether we're going to attend their concerts, and buy their CD's and videos. But I don't think that they're going to do a lot of sudden moves unless their adoring audiences stop showing up - plain and simple."

Hence my intent to stop listening to this orchestra. I understand your take on the requirement for instrument and sound qualities, but that should be the focal point. What I'm seeing here is even after closing the curtain up on people in audition and they choose who best meets the sound they're looking for, they open the curtain up and the person gets turned down on the job because of skin color or gender. That's plain and simple inferiority complex.

Seriously, if you wanna keep the sound, search for the sound, but don't tell someone who's got the sound they can't be involved because they aren't a white male.

Follow Ups: