Re: is it proper?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt on March 03, 1999 at 20:50:24:

In Reply to: is it proper? posted by Tim on March 03, 1999 at 11:10:52:

Is it proper? You should treat the issue the same as any other point of irritation. Until you express your displeasure of a specific action, you shouldn't blame others of trying to irritate you. I personally enjoy letting others try my horns and trying theirs. I have a couple of customers that request that I don't let anyone try their horn while it is in the shop. I respect their wishes. However, when I'm in the process of tweaking a tuba, I like to take advantage of the opinion of other fine players that visit. Good tuba players have always been willing to spare a moment to honk on a tuba while I listen. Besides, most of my customers with great horns, don't mind others getting to play and being envious of what they have. Smart vegetarians will speak up when invited somewhere for dinner. Speak up! Tell the shop or store of your wishes. Remember though, only one person can play a horn for the first time from the factory. And that particular horn may not be the best match to your playing style. About letting them display your horn for a few extra days. Let me ask. If you think you were treated well in price and service by whatever store you bought your horn from, don't you want to help them create a future sale so they can be around when you shop for your next horn? If you don't feel that way, maybe you should think about where you just spent your hard earned money.

Follow Ups: