Re: How long does everybody practice?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John on March 07, 1999 at 12:23:58:

In Reply to: How long does everybody practice? posted by Jay Boyd on March 06, 1999 at 19:23:25:

As long as I can. Seriously. I'm not a professional. I started playing euphonium at age 45 and switched to the the tuba last year at age 49. I work every day, 8 to 10 hours, have a family to support and play my tuba like hell every day....I try not to miss a single day, even if its just long tones, lip slurs, and a few scales....most days I play at least an hour to two hours at night, every night. I give up watching senseless, mindless television in order to do it and try to find the balance between, spending some time with my family, supper and other after work chores AND playing my horn. I've made playing my tuba just an important part of my life along with eating and breathing....I find that if a miss a day, it takes two days to get back to where I was. I use the Arbans Tuba Method book. I play in a quintet, a 20pc brass band and two Community Bands. PRACTICE and PRACTICE. Love the sound of your horn. Listen to great tubists...Patrick Sheriden, George Pokorny and others on CD. See ya, take care. I gotta go play my horn.

Follow Ups: