Re: T.U.B.A. ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on March 14, 1999 at 21:02:06:

In Reply to: T.U.B.A. ? posted by Bushrod on March 13, 1999 at 12:00:07:

I went back and read the original post asking about where the most recent T.U.B.A. Journal issue was. I have received a Journal issue since the "Volume 26, Number 1" listed in that post. I have here on my desk "Volume 26, Number 2" which is designated the "Winter 1999" issue and features a huge color photo of Arnold Jacobs on the cover. Now, I am a Life Member of TUBA so there may be a difference in the shipping priorities, I don't really know. However, I've had my issue for some time now, maybe a month or so, and if you all haven't gotten yours I'd contact someone in the organization about it. If you look at the list of officers on page 2, you'll see that most of the officers have e-mail addresses. Why not contact someone? Also, on that same page, you'll see the deadlines for submission of materials for inclusion in a given issue of the Journal. The deadline for the "Spring 1999" issue was February 1st. Assuming it takes around a month to assemble, edit, and then print an issue of the Journal, my guess is that the next one should be in the mail sometime this month.

As to the content, I would suggest 2 things. First of all, I'm pretty sure the editor is not a mind reader. So if you want to see certain types of articles in the Journal, then you have to speak up. Nobody is going to put stuff in a magazine unless you, as a member and subscriber, request it. Maybe you'll even consider writing an article for the T.U.B.A. Journal yourself. Right now I'm pretty sure the staff of T.U.B.A. is putting out a Journal that reflects their interests. Which leads to the second thing. If the people who are doing the job now are not doing it the way you want, why not run yourself? If you think you can do a better job, or you think you know of someone who can do a better job, why not try to take an active role and make a change? The wonderful part of having a representative form of government is that the individual has the option to make his/her voice heard.

T.U.B.A. is supposed to be an organization that represents a vast number of professional and amateur players and teachers. Why not add your individual diversity to strengthen the whole? Make sure your organization serves you!

Follow Ups: