Re: Re: Re: Re: T.U.B.A. ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Sanders on March 15, 1999 at 20:41:26:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: T.U.B.A. ? posted by Dale Phelps on March 15, 1999 at 13:09:27:

Well I promissed myself I would not get in on this but here I go anyway.

So far everything that has been written about the good aspects of TUBA I must echo. Kelly O'Bryant and Sean Chisham were both very articulate in their postings. One additional observation I wish to make here is that no matter what you do with TUBA it will allways be flawed or imperfect in some way that the stone throwers will have some ammo to use against joining it. It is run by people and people are flawed. I would say that the folks I know personally who are involved are very generous and very talented and very dedicated, and have a very obvious love for music, the tuba, and (most of all ) the people who traverse our little corner of the music world, whether they be Harvey or Dan, or Don Little, or Fritz Kaenzig, or Gunther Schuller, or Arnold Jacobs, or Gene Pokorny, or the folks who come out to the conferences, etc. And the most noticeable quality that all these people have in common, which is so very obviously missing in Dale's approach, is humanity. Get a life, Dale. Go raise some kids or get a dog or visit a nursing home with your tuba and make someone smile.

Follow Ups: