Re: PT-3 at Balt. Brass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Sturgeon on March 03, 2000 at 07:03:27:

In Reply to: PT-3 at Balt. Brass posted by PT-3 on March 01, 2000 at 23:28:15:

I had the PT-3 on a trade in awhile back. I needed the cash and had to trade in my PT-7P which was a great tuba. The reason I sent it back was because I was partly spoiled with having such great instruments before (PT-7, G-50, Alexander CC). The sound just wasn't what I was use to. This is not to say it doesn't have a good sound. I played it again about a month back and it sounded quite a bit larger than I remembered from before. Contrary to another post, the valves were older and well used but not "rickity." Nothing was loose and they seemed solid to me. The bell installation wasn't a pretty job, but it was also solid when I had it and when I tried it about a month ago. Never had any taping around the bell that I remember. I would suggest at least trying it out for yourself.
Talk to Dave Fedderly. He is one of the best people you'll deal with in purchasing a tuba. He's very honest and upfront about all of his merchandise and backs up what he sells. He's also a great person and tubist! I hope this helps.

Follow Ups: