Customized Cervany ACB-601 for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on March 10, 2000 at 08:40:55:

This is a repost of my original listing for this tuba which is still available. I have lowered my original asking price $500.00 and would be willing to consider reasonable offers. Please contact me with questions/offers at my email address. I also have some photos of the tuba that can be emailed to potential buyers. Here are the particulars on the tuba:

Cervany ACB-601 CC tuba with 5 valves. Used professionally with the Florida Philharmonic Orchestra for the last few years on really big orchestral works. I really regret selling, but have purchased a much more expensive tuba to replace it. Added 5th valve is factory parts, makes a flat whole step (not the half step configuration available on new models). Looks absolutely stock. Has a couple of very small dents, overall is in like new condition! CUSTOM WORK includes having the valves and valve ports scooped out to match the .835 bore of the horn, valve linkage replaced with new quieter and faster linkage, & solid strips of wire (3/8" half round) soldered inside the bell and on top and bottom bows to darken and add core to its sound (as suggested to me by Don Harry who had one of these tubas). Also has a main tuning slide stick for adjusting during play, eliminating the need to pull individual valve slides. Is well in tune so not many notes require adjusting. Lacquer is stripped off to raw brass. Sound is very large, like an oversized Rudy Meinl 5/4. PROJECTS LIKE CRAZY with big germanic sound but it takes ALOT of air. Brasswind catalog lists new, without custom work for $5195, My asking price is $6500, also includes extra NEW leadpipe. Please help me find a good home for this wonderful tuba.

Follow Ups: