Re: Re: Re: Re: Juilliard Auditions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rod Mathews on March 04, 2001 at 15:51:58:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Juilliard Auditions posted by curious on March 04, 2001 at 11:10:33:

Thanks. Ed Diefes was the person I couldn't remember! He also came back to Juilliard and did a masters after he finished at Curtis. I just remembered that Craig Knox, who is currently the main freelance guy in San Francisco, went there a few years later as well.

Here's what these folks were up to last I heard:

Steve Foreman - Freelancing in New York, Colorado Music Festival in the summer.
Ed Diefes - Freelancing in Baltimore?
Eric Fritz - Principal Tuba of the orchestra in Xalapa, Mexico, freelances in Mexico City. I know Eric reads and posts to this forum, so he can give you the correct name of the orchestra.
Steve Walton - Playing in one of the service bands in Germany last I heard. Steve, if you read this, shoot me an email!
Steve DuMaine - Went to an orchestra in Spain, then filled in for Lee Hipp in San Antonio for a couple of years. Not sure what he's doing now.

Me? I played in the Sacramento Symphony for a few years right after I graduated, and just before the orchestra went bankrupt I moved into the technology field. I'm currently Manager of Technology and Strategy for a Silicon Valley company called Network Appliance. How's that for a different direction?

Hope this helps!

Rod

Follow Ups: