Re: Re: Old Friends

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd on March 05, 2001 at 19:16:36:

In Reply to: Re: Old Friends posted by Jason Ladd on March 05, 2001 at 18:56:04:

I am a currently a student of Dave Unland. I am at senior at IC. As far as I know Don Sherman is a band director of some type on Long Island. I met Don a couple of times at Octubafests on Long Island. He seemed like a really nice guy. I know he also teaches euphonium privately.

Yes, Jim Trowbridge is a band director around Rochester. This past summer I played with the Vine City 6 as a temp. The original tuba player just retired. Jim is the new replacement. I wish him luck! :)

I am sure Dave could tell you where the others are. It's rather neat to hear the names of the people who came before me. Here is a question for you. Did you also attend school with Mike Allen? I know he studied with Dave during grad. school. I believe he studied with Linn(or Lind), Dave's predicessor. He is currently an elementary school teacher here in Ithaca.

-Todd Morgan

PS: Is there enough snow for you down there in Binghamton? I just got back from a class and we slid around in our Ford Explorer....even with the 4 wheel drive on. Now THAT is SNOW!!!

Follow Ups: