Re: Re: Re: advice on buying and selling tubas!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lew on March 07, 2001 at 08:42:05:

In Reply to: Re: Re: advice on buying and selling tubas! posted by tuba questions on March 06, 2001 at 20:20:25:

No, the horn shouldn't depreciate over the next year. Like a car, most of the depreciation happened when it left the showroom. Anything can be sold, for a price. If you feel pressured to sell within a certain time period you may end up selling for less than it is really worth. There is a market for good BBb tubas, and the Miraphone 186 is a good horn. However, when selling anything you have to find someone willing to pay what it is worth and that can take time. I suggest checking prices for new and used similar horns and setting a reasonable price. Then advertise in the various tuba forums and the horn will sell eventually. You could go the eBay route, but make sure you understand the rules and expenses before getting into it.

As for problems with a CC in band, I wouldn't worry about it. The only problems that you are likely to have would be reverting to BBb fingerings while first switching. I sat next to a high schooler who played a CC in our community band (a Dillon cut old Conn, are you out there Mark?), while I played a BBb. We had no problems that I could tell, other than the usual listening to each other to make sure that we were in tune.

Follow Ups: