Re: Re: Re: Re: Hirsbrunner HB-50 Grand Orchestral

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anon on March 16, 2001 at 14:03:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Hirsbrunner HB-50 Grand Orchestral posted by Sean Chisham on March 15, 2001 at 21:39:43:

Indeed it is not difficult at all to purchase a tuba in Switzerland. It just takes some planning that most people are not willing to, or are afraid to, deal with. It's just like planning any other trip, you have to book the plane tickets ($400 R/T to Zurich), book a hotel, and figure out the rail system to Sumiswald from Zurich (a bit challenging).

I saved over $5000 TOTAL, including airfare, hotels, and everything else on my 392 last year. Granted I had to wait over six months for the instrument to be completed, but to me, it was worth it.

And Sean is correct in saying that most people don't actually go through with it, but it is by no means impossible. And in addition to having an unforgettable vacation, the customs agents didn't even ask what I was dragging behind me when I went through inspection on the return, so I saved another few hundred $$ not having to pay the tariff as well!

Follow Ups: