Re: Re: Re: "Good" BBb tubas?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Russo on March 19, 2001 at 16:02:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: "Good" BBb tubas? posted by Steve Inman on March 19, 2001 at 15:26:52:

You brought up the 186, so I didn't. It was on the list, then I remembered that you already said something about it, and I took it off.

All of the horns on the list are good for someone. They are all different. Do they play as good as a CC tuba? Depends on who is at the controls. I can't do a CC vs. BBb comparison for people. I sound pretty close to the same in either key. I FEEL better on the CC. But, if all I had was a BBb, I could make that sound the same. I don't care either way. There is no perfect tuba. Every instrument has something that isn't right with it. So, I think that anything on the list I made would be a good choice for a horn to horn play-off with a CC. It also depends on what CC. If you are going to compare a 182 to a York copy...good luck. If you are going to compare a 191 to a MW2145 there may be a difference. A 191 to a 2155....pretty close, but still not there. They are too different. I prefer to find the sound that is what I want and make the horn play the way I want it, not the other way around.

mike

Follow Ups: