Re: Bah! ITEA. TUBA was a cool name

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Change okay on March 22, 2001 at 14:53:30:

In Reply to: Bah! ITEA. TUBA was a cool name posted by TubaTiger on March 22, 2001 at 01:02:43:

Okay...How much will this name change actually affect our lives? Yes TUBA was a good name, easy to understand what our organization was about. ITEA is a much more well suited name. Brotherhood may offend females in the organization (as much as it may "togetherness", c'mon...BROTHERhood) , and when you say TUBA, does Euphonium comn straight into your mind. I'll take a guess and say no. I do know that there are other ITEA's out there, and well maybe that should have been thought about. I'm sure there may have been other alternatives, but this name does unite all the aspects of the organization. (Baritone, Sousaphone included. It's in the family).
And to the people that it did bother, did you write any letters to the president, vp, etc? Let your voice be known? I'm sure now they'll get letters though, after its been done. We always assume that things will work they way we want. If they don't we complain after the fact, after its to late, after we could have said something before. Live with the change.

Follow Ups: