Re: Re: FED UP!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on March 23, 2001 at 14:31:06:

In Reply to: Re: FED UP!!! posted by Rick Denney at his most verbose if that's possible on March 23, 2001 at 13:12:39:

This comment is not very "thoughty" compared to the Rick's post, but hasn't THIS forum (along with "tubaeuph") sort of effectively replaced (admitted perhaps with only 50%=60% effectiveness, since we cannot communicate "face-to-face" and "with tubas on laps") the "regional" (customarily 2-state) conferences of old? I whole HECKOFA lot more discussion and info happens here, I would venture, than at twenty-five 1970's era "regional" T.U.B.A. conferences.

Think of all of the advice (good or bad, just like at the regional conferences), tips, connections, purchasing opportunities, etc., etc., etc. that happen HERE.

This wasn't addressed but - let's face it - actual EMPLOYMENT opportunities aren't going to be generated by a brotherhood of ANYTHING. We all make our "own" luck, as far as employment honking on tubas is concerned.

My comments are not rebuttals, and some of them don't even "tie in" with Rick's comments...just "stuff".

-Joe

Follow Ups: