Re: what do you want to be when you grow up?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin H. on March 25, 2001 at 00:01:00:

In Reply to: what do you want to be when you grow up? posted by Phil on March 24, 2001 at 20:55:05:

hey,
I am currently in the 9th grade, and, as of now, I do not expect to play tuba as a living. I want to become a pilot and fly commercial airlines someday, but possibly play tuba on the side in some community band/orchestra. Right now, I'm just kinda messing around with a few solos, I do alot of orchestral exerpts and I play a little bass trombone on the side. I'm doing Tyrell, Kopracsh (sp?), Bordogni, Vasiliev, and Blahzevich (sp?) etudes, and I'm also working out of the "Bach for the Tuba" book. I only practice sightreading when I'm going into an audition in which I will have to sightread, though I guess you could consider my "working" on etudes sightreading sometimes. I basically plan on getting through college on the tuba, maybe get some scholarships. I have not really done any "big" auditions yet, just all state (of which I made first in, not trying to brag or anything ;). I really enjoy visiting this bbs everyday, and you never know, maybe I will play the tuba as a living someday. Well anyway, that's my story.

Austin Howle

Follow Ups: