Re: Fantasy record dates!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on March 25, 2001 at 09:04:57:

In Reply to: Fantasy record dates! posted by Eric Hult on March 24, 2001 at 16:51:05:

I have an old LP of the Empire Brass that is entitled "Empire Plays Annie" and I would have been happy just to flip music pages for Sam Pilafian so that I could hear it live. I would have done the same for every Philip Jones Brass Ensemble record every made which I use to own but due to some loose loaning and an incident with a move and an old heat radiator I lost most of them. I am not a great fan of Orchestra playing although it does impress me that so much fore thought can go into a few whole note passages and then back to the endless counting of measures rest. I have seen Empire and Canadian Brass live many times and I think that this is the type of playing that I would love to do. Back to practice and dreaming. I think that every one should have a small 3/4 horn (lap or pocket tuba if you will) and surf the net will you practice. Like we use to say in 2nd Mar Div band its time on not time in that makes you good......or the 7-P's which are proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance......and every day is a good day to play Tuba
Randy Mac Iver
One other thing... If any one knows where I could get a copy of a tape I use to own that was titled Leo Mc Kern and the Hanaford Street Silver Band presents Bring on the Brass, please let me know(another case of loose loaning) you would think that I would have learned by now.....Thanks in advance

Follow Ups: