Re: Let's us assume...............

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dedman on March 26, 2001 at 04:38:39:

In Reply to: Let's us assume............... posted by James Soh on March 26, 2001 at 02:46:44:

For 10 grand, you could fly to Germany, try out and buy one of the big Gronitz BBb's we were all talking about the other day. Then you could do the BBS a service by being the guinea pig to try one and let us know if it plays as great as it looks. Even if you didn't buy the big boy, you'd still have enough money left over to buy the Miraphone or a VMI 3302 5V BBb.

The sound I want is velvety smooth until I want it to not be velvety smooth, and then I want the conductor to have to pick himself up and climb back on the podium. I want to be so dark on the Holst 1st Suite that the audience needs flashlights, I want to bounce on the 2nd Suite, and I want the break strain of The Circus Bee to cut like a scalpel. I want the audience to feel their seats vibrating from the low Eb's in the 2nd movement of La Fiesta Mexicana. But most of all, I want to be able to play the softest ppp with the same tonal intensity as a ff. I other words, I'm looking for a horn with the entire range of dynamics and tonal colors available to me.

I have yet to find such a horn for me, but the search continues.

Steve "not that I'll know what to do with it when I find it" Dedman

Follow Ups: