TUBA/ITEC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Shoop on March 26, 2001 at 17:53:58:

I have been a life member of TUBA/ITEC since 1993. I have never regretted spending the money for a life membership. I consider myself fortunate in that I have been able to get to know a number of current and former officers of the organization. These individuals lead very busy professional and personal lives. In spite of busy schedules, they still give many, many hours to the organization, and are passionate about the betterment of tuba and euphonium playing.

Several of these individuals have shared with me some of the same frustrations that have been posted on this board-- problems surrounding the Journal, longevity of membership, conferences, etc. These problems usually involve communication issues and tend to be inherent in organizations that rely on busy individuals volunteering their time and talents. As the organiziation matures, I hope that needed improvements can be made.

One should not be reluctant in expressing views to the officers of the organization. My experience is that the overwhelming majority of these individuals are open to suggestions and interested in building a better association.

Follow Ups: