okay, how to say this....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh Norris on March 30, 2001 at 02:26:35:

I appreciate all of your concerns, but please don't mistake my need to give up the tuba right now as a cop out. All of you say that I should keep the horn and be able to pick it up whenever I have the urge to play, but won't there ALWAYS be horns out there to buy when I can seriously devote some time to it. Quite honestly, me selling my horn could give ANOTHER college student an opportunity to own a great instrument. In 5, 10, 30 years...whatever the case may be, if I want to pick up playing the tuba again, it will always be there. Only, in the future, I will actually be able to AFFORD it.

My baseball coach once told me, "Why get a job in high school, you'll have to work the rest of your life, so have fun now." I am kind of taking that type of mentality now. Why keep the tuba NOW? I've got the rest of my life to rediscover the joy that it once gave me. Hopefully, if that urge ever does present itself, I'll be successful enough to make a trip up to Jersey and do a little horn shopping. Just don't stereotype me with someone you might have known who regretted giving up the tuba two days later. Believe me, I gave up the tuba a long time ago, now I'm just selling it.

Just a reminder:-)
186S-5UCC...gig bag, hard case, Conn 7B and Miraphone mouthpiece included. Will consider throwing in all of my music (solos, Arban's Method, Orchestral Excerpts, etc...) $4800

Follow Ups: